About our Club
The Club was founded as a cricket club in 1904, with the first tennis courts being laid in 1912. We initially had 3 blaes (shale) courts, adjacent to a lawn and small wooden pavilion we shared with Milngavie and Bearsden Cricket Club. Originally known as Milngavie and Bearsden Cricket and Tennis Club, the facility at Auchenhowie became Milngavie and Bearsden Sports Club in the late 1960s.
Cricket remained at the Club until 1983, when it was disbanded to make room for a new artificial hockey pitch.
Our courts have gone through various changes over the years as court technology has developed, our most recent investment being 3 artificial clay courts installed in Spring 2018.
As well as providing a valuable community facility, the Club has always taken pride in the achievements of its players, having produced players who have won national titles at various age groups and represented Scotland and Great Britain at international level.
In 2017, all 6 of our senior teams achieved promotion in the West of Scotland Summer Leagues, the Gents’ First team to the 6 team Premier Division for the first time in the Club’s history.
Our Committee Members